|An Edmonton woman has filed a lawsuit alleging she suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and her friend died while on a Caribbean holiday.|
Boryana Saveva and Seyed Mosavi went on an all-inclusive vacation to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic in November, 2009.
In a June 2nd statement of claim, Saveva says she and Mosavi checked in at the Barcelo Puerto Plata resort hotel.
After going to sleep, says Savena, her next recollection was awaking days later in hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Her lawsuit says Mosavi, a male friend who also lived and worked in Edmonton, died as a result of the poisoning.
The lawsuit names the hotel, the Spanish corporation that owns the hotel and the Flight Centre travel agency.
Saveva claims she suffered neurological damage and several other ailments, including kidney problems and depression.