DominicanToday.com - The photojournalist Franklin Guerrero, who was assaulted Monday by four thugs of the convicted drug trafficker Manuel Emilio Mesa (El Gringo), was victim of yet another aggression last night when several men on motorcycles fired several shots at his house.
The reporter told Police that he found three cartridges in his residence and that one of the bullets hit his carport. He blamed the attack on Mesa, the alleged kingpin of drug traffickers in the capital’s northern barrios.
Guerrero said he’ll take measures to protect his life.
Last night National District Permanent Attention judge Reynaldo Ferreira sent Mesa and Yokasta Campusano to Najayo prison for three months, in connection with the around RD$40 million seized so far in the case.
Guerrero said he’ll file charges against the attackers, fearing for his family’s safety. “Near 8 p.m. three individuals, two on one motorcycle and one in another, wearing vests, fired three times, so far one bullet has been found in the carport underneath my wife’s car, where Police Forensics gathered three spent cartridges.”